Looking for the best all season tires? You’re in the right place!
Automotive vehicles have gone a long way in increasing people’s efficiency and functionality. As economic and environmental concerns continue to increase, more is being asked of these machines.
One area that has received motorists’ attention is the type of tire used on their cars. Having to purchase up to three sets of tires for snowy winters, rain-soaked summers and dry springs used to be a reality for most.
Tightening budgets however, have seen numerous tire manufacturers coming up with various all season tires. The obvious advantages of using a single set of tires, year round has made all season tires quite popular.
Despite this it can be a challenge to pick out the performers from the pretenders. A good way to assess the performance of an all season tire is by looking at the categories they come in.
Best Tires for a Tight Budget
General Tires ALTIMAX RT43 (H- OR V-SPEED RATED)
- No road noise and outstanding ride comfort
- Brilliant overall wet performance
- Good snow performance
- Affordable with an incredible tread life
- Traction on ice could be improved
The General Tires Altimax RT43 is a standard all season tire developed for the drivers of coupes, sedans, minivans and crossover vehicles. It delivers great all season traction, amazing ride comfort, and a long lasting tread life, all at an affordable price. Wet performance is just as good as on dry pavement with little risk of hydroplaning. While overall snow performance is great, traction on icy surfaces could do with a small bit of improvement. But overall the General Tires Altimax RT43 is a wonderful all season tire that’s definitely worth considering.
Pirelli CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS
- Tremendous tread life
- Great ride comfort with minimal road noise
- High fuel efficiency and good cost savings
- Superb dry and wet traction
- Excellent cornering grip and stability
- Loses traction on icy surfaces
The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus is built to provide the drivers of coupes and sedans with year-round traction, great ride comfort, high fuel efficiency, and a long lasting tread life. Whether in dry or wet weather conditions, the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus delivers sensational traction and handling. Cornering grip and stability is excellent, braking is short and sweet, and steering is quick and responsive on all types of pavement regardless of the conditions. Traction is fantastic in light to moderate snow, but they do lose a bit of grip on icy surfaces. All in all, the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus is an excellent choice for an all-season tire. You definitely won’t be disappointed.
Pirelli P4 FOUR SEASONS PLUS
- Dependable traction and handling on dry, wet and wintry roads
- Enjoy a smooth and comfortable ride without any irritating road noise
- Tread thats long lasting and wears evenly
- Low rolling resistance for greater fuel savings
- Tire can be hard to find in certain sizes
The Pirelli P4 Four Seasons Plus is a reliable all season tire built for the drivers of coupes, sedans and minivans. It offers a long lasting tread life, sticky grip on dry, wet and wintry roads, and pleasing ride comfort. Wet handling and braking is truly terrific with the P4 Four Seasons Plus. No hydroplaning or slippage. But what about snow performance? Well the P4 Four Season Plus delivers some of the finest snow traction in the all season class of tires. However they’re not designed to take on deep snow, heavy slush and black ice like a dedicated winter tire. Which may be a problem if you live in a more northern climate. Overall the Pirelli P4 Four Season Plus is one of the best all season tires available today.
Continental PROCONTACT WITH ECOPLUS TECHNOLOGY
- Grips well in dry, eet and wintry conditions
- Increases fuel efficiency
- Good traction in light snow
- Environmentally friendly
- Wears quicker than expected
The ProContact with EcoPlus Technology is Continental’s environmentally friendly all season tire. It aims to provide reliable traction and predictable handling all year-round combined with better fuel efficiency and a high-level of ride comfort. Wet braking and handling particularly stand out. The ProContact EcoPlus is a joy to drive in the rain. In the snow they perform as well as can be expected from an all season tire. The only complaint that can be made about the ProContact EcoPlus is its tread life, which wears much faster than expected.
Best All Season Tires for Snow / Winter
- Better gas mileage due to low rolling resistance
- Low road noise on asphalt
- Attractive sidewall and tread design
- Absorb rough roads well
- Rapid wear even with regular rotation
- Dry traction not particularly great before tire is broken in
- Drivers report unexpected blowouts past 10 000 miles
It is hard to ignore the tough economic times that have plagued many countries in recent years. Resultantly, in the automotive market, emphasis has been placed creating economic and affordable vehicles and components for consumers that are progressively reducing their spending. This trend has seen Continental come up with its TrueContact tire. Aimed at enhancing fuel efficiency, extending tread life and optimized wet braking, the tire from Continental definitely brings them closer to being the top choice for most motorists. This Continental TrueContact review makes an effort to uncover the reveal the effectiveness of the science put into coming up with the tire.
Michelin PREMIER A/S
- Retains a high level of performance even as it wears
- Sterling grip you can count on even in the wettest weather
- Great handling and feedback with superior stopping power
- Super smooth and quiet ride
- Strong dry traction with precise cornering
- Doesnt perform as well as a designated winter tire in heavy snow and extremely cold temperatures
The Michelin Premier A/S is an all-season tire built for the drivers of coupes, sedans and minivans. The Premier A/S has a revolutionary tread pattern that evolves as it wears to ensure traction and performance remain as good as day one. Handling is fantastic in all four seasons, but wet weather performance is where the Premier A/S really makes it mark.In the dry they stick to the road with superior braking performance, excellent steering feedback and tight cornering. And ride comfort is brilliant with minimal road noise. They even exceed expectations in harsh winter weather with decent grip in the snow and cold temperatures. However, they don’t inspire confidence in heavy snow like a dedicated winter tire does. Overall, it’s easy to see why the Michelin Premier A/S stands out as one of the best all season tires in its class.
Dunlop SIGNATURE HP
- Great traction handling and braking on dry and wet surfaces
- Reliable snow traction
- Cornering is stable and precise at all speeds
- Retains a smooth quiet and comfortable ride with wear
- Can slip a little on icy road surfaces
The Dunlop Signature HP is an ultra-high performance tire developed for the drivers of sport cars, coupes and high-performance sedans. On wet or dry surfaces, traction and handling is excellent. The Signature HP handles well with steering that is responsive and communicative when approaching the limit. They deliver great control all year-round and can tackle light to moderate snow with ease. Cornering is stable and precise at all speeds, even if they don’t offer the same high-levels of grip as the leading tires in the class. And although they can slip slightly when braking and turning on ice, the Signature HP is a dependable tire you can count on to keep you safe throughout the year.
Best High Performance All Season Tires
Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3 (W- OR Y-SPEED RATED)
- A great tire for those who want to drive and get the most out of their vehicle's performance
- Powerful and precise cornering capability
- Great ride quality and comfort
- Tread life could be extended
- You would be a fool to use it on snow / ice
If you’re a performance buff who loves to drive, you need to take a look at the Pilot Sport A/S 3, Michelin’s Ultra High Performance All Season tire. It’s a tire specially designed to help you push your vehicle to the limit in all four seasons. They’re nothing less than exceptional in wet weather. Traction and handling on wet surfaces is great and easily matched by their dry weather capability. And for an all season tire their cornering capability is outstanding. But watch out in deep snow and on ice as traction drops significantly. Overall, the Michelin Premier LTX is a fantastic tire for car enthusiasts who live in a warmer climate and care more about performance than they do about a tire’s longevity.
BFGoodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S
- Responsive handling and cornering stellar grip on dry and wet surfaces
- Drive in comfort without any road noise
- Treadwear is excellent
- Gives you the confidence to push your car further and further
- Loses traction on icy surfaces
If you’re looking for a tire that will allow you to push your car to the limit in all four seasons, then you’ve found it with the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S. It’s an all season tire specifically built for the drivers of sport coupes, high-performance sedans and other muscle cars. What stands out about the G-Force Comp 2 A/S is its responsive handling and cornering. It’s a tire for those who love to drive and get the maximum performance out of their car all year-round. Whether you’re driving an on wet, dry or wintry road surfaces, the Comp 2 holds you to the floor with all its might for an unbeatable feeling of safety and security. And you won’t have to worry about your fun being interrupted by annoying road noise.
Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06
- Great tread life with confidence inspiring warranty package & stiff sidewall for better cornering stability
- Steering is precise and responsive
- Traction is amazing on dry, wet and snow covered surfaces
- Wet weather traction is spectacular with incredible hydroplaning resistance
- They can slip slightly on thick ice
The Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 is an ultra-high performance all-season tire designed for sport cars, luxury sport cars and luxury sport crossovers. It aims to balance wet weather traction and handling with high levels of grip and performance in dry conditions. Steering is quick and responsive while a stiffer sidewall has greatly improved cornering stability and precision compared to the original DWS. Although they slip a little on thick ice, the DWS06 rips through snow covered surfaces with a playful ease. The QuickView feature tells you whether your vehicle is properly aligned and wearing well, and also shows you if the tire has enough tread left to drive in certain weather conditions. Not to mention the tread life on these tires is amazing and covered by a comprehensive warranty package for unbeatable consumer confidence. If you’re looking for an ultra-high performance all-season tire, you can’t go wrong with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06.
Best All Season Tires for SUVs
Michelin PREMIER LTX
- Phenomenal wet traction and handling
- Lovely ride comfort with no road noise
- Some of the best winter performance in its class
- Steering is responsive with wonderful dry handling
- Not suitable for heavy snowfalls or black ice
The Premier LTX is Michelin’s Crossover/Suv Touring All Season tire for pickups, light duty vans, crossover and sport utility vehicles. The Premier LTX offers some of the best winter performance in its class. It grips the road tightly in all weather conditions except deep snow and black ice. Wet weather performance is where the Premier LTX really stands out compared to the other tires in its class. Traction and handling on wet surfaces is absolutely incredible. They’re a joy to drive in the rain. And dry handling is equally impressive with steering that is crisp and responsive. While ride comfort is satisfying with no road noise. The Michelin Premier LTX is an all round great tire that will never let you down.
Pirelli SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS
- Stellar handling on dry and wet surfaces
- Ride comfort is outstanding
- Large selection of sizes available
- Exceptional tire for bad weather
- Good tread life and wears evenly
- Developes road noise at speeds of over 50mph as they start to wear
- Difficult to keep steady when driving on ice
The Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus is an all season tire developed for the drivers of pickups, sport utility and crossover vehicles. It’s strength lies in its flexibility in dealing with a variety of weather conditions. The Scorpion Verde All Season Plus can take on wet, dry and wintry road surfaces without issue. And boasts enjoyable ride comfort and real value for money with its long lasting tread life. It’s one of the more affordable options in the all season class of tires and is available in a wide range of sizes with a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee. The only bad thing that can be said against the Pirelli Scorpion verde All Season Plus is the road noise that begins to develop at speeds of over 50mph as the tire starts to wear.
Bridgestone DUELER H/L Alenza Plus
- Firm ride with excellent handling
- Long lasting tread life with a 80k mile warranty
- Steering is responsive and communicative
- Traction and handling is great all year-round
- Strong and durable with good ride comfort
- Braking and handling on ice could be improved
In terms of quality, price and performance, the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus is one of the best heavy-duty all season light truck tires available today. What stands out about this tire is their long lasting tread life, responsive steering and amazing driver feedback, along with its dependability in all sorts of driving conditions in all four seasons. They’re stable and durable at all speeds with accurate cornering that communicates well at the limit. This is a tire you can count on to keep you safe in the winter with great traction in light to moderate snow. However, they can let loose and slip a little when coming to a halt on ice. If you’re looking for an all season tire for your light truck, sport utility or crossover vehicle, you should definitely consider the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus.
Best All Season Tires for Trucks
Sumitomo ENCOUNTER HT
- Unbeatable warranty package that inspires consumer confidence
- Long lasting tread life with minimal wear
- Little to no noise
- Great grip in all conditions for year round confidence
- Tendency to feel like theyre going to break loose and slide on ice
Are you looking for a tire that delivers consistent grip throughout the year? The Sumitomo Encounter HT is an all season highway tire built for the drivers of pickups,SUVs and commercial vans. It delivers a very comfortable ride that won’t be disturbed by high levels of noise. And they grip the road tightly in all but the iciest conditions. Designed to last long with minimal treadwear, the Sumitomo Encounter HT is backed by an incredible warranty package that provides true value for money and inspires nothing but confidence.
Hankook VENTUS ST RH06
- Incredible performance on dry pavement
- Steering feedback is terrific
- Minimal road noise
- Doesn't wear out as fast as you'd expect
- Ride comfort is slightly harsh and could be softened a bit
The Hankook Ventus ST RH06 is without a doubt one of the leading Street/Sport Truck all season tires. Traction, handling and braking on wet, dry and wintry road surfaces is outstanding, so it’s easy to see why. They provide excellent steering feedback, accurate and stable cornering capabilities, good ride comfort and a long lasting tread life. They resist hydroplaning with all their might and produce no road noise for a ride that’s quiet, even if it’s a bit on the stiff side. And in anything but deep snow they hold tough and don’t give up an inch of performance.
Michelin LTX M/S2
- Fares well in icy weather
- Improved ride quality and comfort
- High tread wear with an average of 3/32 tread depth within 25 000 miles
- Road noise starts to increase as tire hardens
When one mentions light trucks, the thought of performance hardly crosses the mind. However, as vehicles in this segment become more powerful, a tire that can match those performance requirements. This is the gap that the Michelin Ltx M S2 tires fill. The idea behind the tire is to bring together all – season capability with tread longevity. They are designed to fit on vans, light trucks and SUVs. Michelin have merged the need for ride quality with the general utility needs that such drivers require.