- Excellent dry traction and cornering grip
- Ride is smooth and comfortable
- Low road noise
- Low treadlife
- Winter handling is not too good
Sometimes searching for the perfect tire can be overwhelming, I know.
Everyone would want one that adapts to many functions or activities. We all want a tire that has been designed using the latest technology with trim levels that even cater for looks.
A tire with a good surface traction and the ability to offer you a quiet and smooth ride with responsive handling would give you a satisfactory driving life.
If you are looking for a grand touring all season tire product with best performance, don’t hesitate to get your hands on The Continental Contiprocontact.
What is Continental Contiprocontact?
Continental originally developed the Contiprocontact for European sport coupes and sedans sold in Northern part of America.
It is also available for a wide range of domestic and imported cars.
Continental engineered this tire to blend handling with low noise, good looks with a smooth ride and year-round traction, even in light snow.
- The tires internal structure includes double-steel belts supported by a spiral-wrapped nylon that gives the tread a stable area thus promoting high speed and uniformity.
- It also features all-season tread compound molded into a symmetric, notched rib tread trim that provides continuous tread contact with the road.
- To increase efficiency, its shoulder lugs provides more steering response and stability even on poor roads and stormy weather conditions.
- The Continental has either a 60,000 or 80,000 mile tread life warranty that depends on the tire’s speed rating.
When taken for a ride, the Contiprocontact tire provides top line traction, as well as good steering response. When accelerating and breaking the tire really sticks to the road and offers good grip in dry season with no vibrations.
The continental Contiprocontact ensures a secure cornering and standout performance in wet conditions assisted by its Special shoulder Groove Geometry. The state of the art silica compound lowers rolling resistance and the alternating concave and convex sipe promotes multidirectional grip.
It promotes a good fuel economy, you get no vibration on ice and snow. It also provides very smoother than expected winter grip for the tread design but with slight disconnection to the road. The Contiprocontact provides good acceleration and braking in winter conditions. On a fair scale, it would be rated four out of five stars.
The Bottom Line
The Continental Contiprocontact is one among the few tires that provide great performance in many areas. However, it also disappoints in other areas. The Contiprocontact is a good example that offers top of the line traction and handling on dry road surfaces. It also displays a smooth-quiet ride, making it one of the better touring tires in its class.
Despite its amazingly good performance and standard features, many drivers still have complains about poor tread wear and not getting the mileage out of this product. Another problem is the drop in winter performance mostly on icy pavements. Overall, the Contiprocontact’s traction could be a little better than it is. This tire remains a mid-level bargain and is a good choice for those who choose to go average.
Be the first to leave a review.