- Outstanding dry and wet traction
- Excellent cornering grip and stability
- Comfortable ride without the harshness
- Surprisingly quiet
- Excellent performance and value for your money
- They seem to have a flat spot after the car has been sitting for a while
- Totally summer dedicated and cannot be used in winter conditions
Have you ever found yourself hating the look of your car’s summer tires not very long after you have bought them? Are you the kind of person who likes to enjoy the thrill of high speed on a hot summer afternoon? If your answer to any of the above questions is yes then this will be of great help.
Let me introduce you to the game changing Firestone Hawk Indy 500. These tires will take just about any kind of battering summer conditions can present. If you are the kind of person who likes to drive a high powered Corvette like it is a drag racer, then these will come in handy for you. The only thing that makes the deal sweeter than a compound that only gets better with time is that you can get a set of four for just under 800 bucks.
What is Firestone Firehawk Indy 500?
The Firehawk Indy 500 is Firestone’s newest ultra-high performance summer tire. This tire has been hailed as Firestone’s best model by all standards. Most certainly, it is a big upgrade from the pre-existing Wide Oval 500 that was an okay but too ordinary tire. Firestone have designed the Firehawk 500 for all types of sports cars, coupes and sedans. They have intentionally built the tire with race-inspired technology resulting in a high performance summer tire. The Firehawk provides high levels of traction and corners like nothing you’ve seen before even after 5000 miles.
- An attractive and aggressive asymmetric tread pattern that helps this tire deliver more than capable cornering grip and stability regardless of speeds.
- The Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 uses a new, high-performance, silica-enhanced Long Link Carbon tread rubber compound.
- The center circumferential groove features proprietary Pulse Groove Technology to enhance water evacuation.
As many drivers have mentioned after test driving on a set of these, they handle pretty excellently. On dry pavement you would have to be trying in order to break them loose. In fact, the tires launch as well as any ultra-high performance tire you’ll find today.
The traction you get with this tire on wet pavement is even more impressive than with dry conditions. Firestone’s new Pulse Groove technology does quite a lot to help with traction on wet pavement and shortens braking distance by about 20% from the Wide Oval. Firestone’s engineers must have spent some amount of time here and it has really paid off.
The Firehawk Indy 500 is a high performance tire that delivers top-notch performance in every area. If you have not been a Firestone tire fan in the past, then this will change your mind. The Indy 500 ranks just right next to the likes of the Michelin Super Sport and Pirelli’s P Zero. If you’re a car enthusiast looking for a tire that can provide extreme performance and extreme fun, this is the tire for you. I highly recommend these tires; just don’t even think about driving them in winter conditions.
Be the first to leave a review.