- Performs very well in all conditions
- Offers excellent handling, stability and braking
- Grips snow very well and corners smoothly
- Starts and stops with ease
- Noisy on dry roads (Expected from a winter tire)
- Traction on ice is slightly behind others in this category
Winter roads…they are just as unpredictable as the weather itself.
You head out not knowing how many inches of snow you will get and for how long you will be there.
What if I told you that there was some kind of an assurance that you will make it out with ease? Wouldn’t that be interesting?
As always, I am here to give you a solution that lets you handle the darkest of situations with ease.
Join me as we take a look at the Goodyear Ultra Grip WRT.
What is the Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT?
The Ultra Grip Ice WRT is a member of the Goodyear Winter Reactive Technology family of tires. It is a studless Ice and snow tire developed for use with passenger coupes, sedans minivans and crossovers whose drivers desire improved traction in winter conditions.
The WRT technology employed in the development of these tires combines a number of features to help car drivers to not only start and stop efficiently but also turn easily on snow and ice.
- Goodyear’s Winter Grip compound molded into a directional tread design with sweeping grooves that channel water and slush from under the tire’s footprint.
- The tire uses two different types of sipes to provide the biting edges needed to generate additional traction in winter conditions.
- Angled three-dimensional TredLock Technology sipes in the shoulder zones lock together to enhance cornering grip
- 2D sipes running laterally across the center zone enhance starting and stopping power on snow and ice.
These are without a doubt very stable tires on dry pavement. Hit the gas to attain highway speeds and they respond really well. They stick to the road and feel really comfortable.
What you might not like is the fact that they are a little noisy once the pavement has been cleared but what do we expect from dedicated winter tires?
These tires are well equipped to handle water and they do exactly that. They resist hydroplaning with a passion and keep your car stuck to the road.
Not only can you start and stop easily on wet roads with patches of water, you can do it without a struggle.
These tires grip extraordinarily well in the snow. Try as hard as you can to get them to skid and they will still pose a problem.
The traction is excellent and they wear out really slow. In fact, you will find that after about 4 winters, you will still have some good amount of tread left. They feel stable and really safe to drive on in the snow.
They could do a little better on ice though.
The Bottom Line
The Ultra Grip WRT Ice is a great tire that stops shorter on ice than most tires in its class. It has got superior traction in the rain and keeps snow and slush out of the way. If you are looking for winter tires for your car, get a set of these rubbers from Goodyear.
Be the first to leave a review.