- Smooth and refined ride quality on dry roads
- Maintain grip in puddles and wet roads
- Tend to slide when pushed in corners
- Very short tread life
- Uneven wear with edges going faster than centre tread
It might be common knowledge that Ultra High Performance tires are meant for optimized grip and handling, but did you know that you could use them on a car that is not necessarily a sports car?
If you love having fun in the summer and driving around in your luxury sedan, you definitely would not want to have your tires ruining the moment.
This is where the Hankook VENTUS V12 EVO K110 comes in. I invite you to join me as we review this summer tire that is built to deliver the ultimate grip on both dry and wet roads as well as provide excellent cornering.
What is the Hankook VENTUS V12 EVO K110?
This tire is Hankook’s max performance summer tire developed for use with sports cars, sporty coupes and high performance sedans. The manufacturer has designed this tire to combine comfort and control in both dry and wet road conditions. This tire addresses some of the problems there was with its predecessor. It is now capable of stellar dry and wet braking while treadlife, rolling resistance and ride quality remain uncompromised.
- Hankook’s High Tg Polymer & Specific Resin (HPSR) compound which ensures there excellent traction and braking on wet roads.
- Multiple Tread Radius (MTR) profile, Y-shaped channels and linear grooves that sweep awy water from the tire completely.
- Block edge with a 3D effect ensures there is even distribution of contact with the road for optimized handling and braking.
- A high-density nylon reinforcement belt which spreads the ground contact pressure evenly through the wheel when going round corners.
- A solid center tracking rib which allows the driver to have outstanding steering control at high speed.
The VENTUS V12 EVO K110 could do with some improvements when it comes to dry performance. Not only do these tires feel somewhat soft as you drive, they are also inaccurate in steering on dry roads. They are consistent yes, but a little snappiness can be felt. Despite the lack of precision and sharpness, the Ventus does outstandingly well when it comes to braking and accelerated runs. This tire can also stand some serious g forces in the dry.
The tread pattern of the VENTUS V12 EVO K110 is a tell tale sign of greatness. They assure you of excellent performance in the wet even before you actually get there. This tire’s wet weather performance will blow your mind. The grip is unlike no other street tire, going past highway onramps like it is just another sunny, dry day. They feel great; the car remains absolutely stable and sticks to the ground. The design of this tire evidently does a great job at eliminating water from under the tread, giving it excellent grip.
The Bottom Line
Though the VENTUS V12 EVO K110 falls short of glory in dry conditions, it is an above average tire. This is especially so if you are consistently driving in wet conditions or you are looking for a UHP summer tire that will give you a smooth ride. Generally, I find the VENTUS V12 EVO K110 a good choice.
Be the first to leave a review.