- Traction braking and acceleration on snow, ice, slush and wet roads is excellent
- Dry traction
- Cornering and handling stability on cold pavement is best in its class
- Smooth comfortable ride in colder conditions with very little noise
- Great value for your money
- Tread life is shorter than other winter tires if you use them round the year
- They do not have tread life warranty
Picture yourself rolling down the snowy street the usual way on a chilly winter morning. The road is cold and hard as frozen iron. All of a sudden a sporty sedan clad in classic looking rubber zooms past you in a Tom Cruise fashion and you can barely believe it. “How on earth do these blokes get such good grip in the snow?” you wonder. Being the good friend I am, I take it as my duty to let you know that you just met the Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 and your life will never be the same again. Join me as we take a look at this ultra-high performance tire from the makers of iconic tires which have been an integral part of James Bond’s and Uma Thurman’s success stories.
Why Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3?
You will love it, simple. Pirelli have built the Sottozero 3, a performance snow/winter tire exclusively for winter use on sport coupes and sedans. This hero sibling of P Zero is capable of dealing with the worst curveball that winter can throw your way. Pirelli engineered the Sottozero 3 with all-round performance in mind, ranging from a quick drive through a dry patch to a grueling struggle through subfreezing conditions. The resulting excellence in performance and high speed characteristic is what clearly distinguishes the Winter Sottozero 3 from other snow tires in the market.
- Optimized profile to guarantee a longer tire life and even wear, thanks to a uniform footprint.
- The shoulders are more rounded which allows them to expel water easily.
- Deep grooves on the tire that help improve water dispersal.
- A new tire building technology, Seal Inside, prevents tire pressure loss after the tire has been punctured by an external object.
- most noteworthy is PNCS (Pirelli Noise Cancellation System) which features a sound absorbing device inside the wheel, hence making the ride a lot quieter.
- Directional double arrows pattern design
Test data has provided feedback that rates the Sottozero’s dry performance at 91% grip in dry road conditions. This tire gives you some very impressive and utterly satisfying grip and handling on dry ground.
The Sottozero 3 features a double arrow design that increases traction. As a result you get even more grip when you’re driving on wet roads or snow and ice. The braking is stable and acceleration does not lead to a floating feeling in the car.
Users have ranked the Winter Sottozero 3 third out of ten performance winter/snow tire options. When it comes to winter performance, this is a virtually flawless tire. It provides not only more grip in addition to better traction but also superior handling in tough winter conditions. This is as a result of a new, harder, advanced compound and 3-D sipe technology.
The Bottom Line
There are a few other things that you might need to know about the Sottozero 3. First of all, you should only install the Winter Sottozero 3 in sets of four only. Mounting them in combination with other brands may lead to a potentially hazardous imbalance. If you particularly need high performance on a wide array of winter road conditions, this is the tire for you. Pirelli have also priced the Winter Sottozero 3 rather reasonably as compared to alternative top tier performance winter/snow options. I highly recommend that you get yourself a set of these for all the above reasons.
Be the first to leave a review.