- Excellent Wet Traction
- 5-Year/ Tread Life Warranty
- Perfect for Track and Summer Use
- Cant be driven in any sub-freezing conditions
- Soft sidewalls
Are you looking for the excellent maximum performance summer tire at a reasonable price? Do you drive on winding and hilly roads and need amply quiet hills that will hold on well to both dry and wet surfaces?
Let me introduce to you the Sumitomo HTR Z III, a tire that will give you excellent value for your daily use high performance car.
This aggressively designed tire delivers well above average performance in both wet and dry conditions. What’s more, this is a tire you can rely on whether you’re driving on or off the track.
What is the Sumitomo HTR Z III?
The Sumitomo HTR Z III is the perfect summer tire for any high performance vehicle. It is an excellent daily drive value tire for sporty high performance cars like Mustangs and Corvettes although you could also get away with fitting them on your grandpa’s sedan. The Sumitomo comes in a large span of 17”-20” sizes which is suitable for many types of cars. Not only has Sumitomo built this awesome tire with an asymmetric tread pattern design, it is also features a silica-enhanced compound.
- A high-rigidity construction with wide steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped polyamide that stabilizes the tread area.
- Polyester cord body and hard rubber sidewall fillers that help blend uniform ride quality with steering response and lateral stability.
- Large outboard shoulder and intermediate tread blocks that provide responsive handling.
- A continuous center and inboard intermediate ribs.
- silica-enhanced tread compound molded into a sophisticated, 5-rib, asymmetric tread design
- The inside shoulder is linked by another continuous circumferential rib that enhances wear quality to help reduce noise throughout the life of the tire
It is an unbelievably smooth ride with minimal noise on dry surface. The HTR Z II provides, in addition to an outstanding handling in dry conditions, an impressively short braking distance. This tire delivers power to the road really well and wears evenly after a long period of high performance driving. The asymmetric tread pattern gives this tire a close to perfect steering response that will leave your mind occupied with more important things, like beating the Chevy ahead of you.
The Sumitomo HTR Z II provides excellent traction in wet conditions. The long lateral grooves on this tire help to evacuate water from under the footprint. At the center of the footprint, four straight wide grooves further increase the drainage for increased traction in the wet. Further, a 3-D wave wall increases the tire’s drainage and strengthens the stability of the center rib while enhancing wet traction.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a high performance summer tire for your car, the HTR Z II says look my way. If for any reason however you drive in any sub-freezing conditions, look elsewhere as this summer tire refuses to be associated with the cold. The only thing I hold against this tire is that the sidewalls are somewhat soft. Apart from that, this is a great tire that I would recommend.
Be the first to leave a review.