We realize that searching for a new set of tires can be a stressful experience. To avoid that, we present you with our picks for the best 285 75r16 tires you can find.
Before we start with our selection, well explain what this code means. The first number (285) refers to the section width. It is measured in millimeters, meaning that the width from one sidewall to the other in these tires is 285 mm.
The second number (75) is the tire aspect ratio. It shows the ratio between the height and width of the tire. In this case, it means that the tire height measures, 75% of the tires weight. R stands for Radial, which is the most common type of internal construction of the tire. Finally, there’s the number 16, which relates to the diameter of the rim for which the tire was designed to fit.
285 75R16 All-Terrain Tires
Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015
- Brilliant on and off-road traction that embraces all-terrains
- Comfortable and easy-going on the highway with little noise
- Get value for your money with a long tread life
- Solid wet weather performance
- Not suitable for hard-core mudding or rock crawling
The Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015 is without doubt the perfect example of an all-terain tire designed to withstand both off-road and on-road conditions. It is equally developed for drivers of both SUVs and light trucks in need of a durable and also tough tire capable of withstanding rough terrain while providing a longlife treading. To add on that, to allow for easy cross-rotation and enhanced wear characteristics, a tear-resistant triple polymer tread compound is moulded into an improved, symmetric design. The enhanced tread pattern features deep and well developed grooves for water evacuation and hydroplaning resistance, with lug grooves specially designed to increase the number of grip edges to enable great traction even in snow. This is definately a one of a kind tire.
Kumho ROAD VENTURE AT51
- Powerful off-road traction
- A great low cost option that delivers real value for money
- Quiet and pleasantly comfortable on the highway
- Dominant wet and winter performance
- They have a habit of getting stuck in deep mud
Kumho Road Venture AT51 is a five star tire that has legendary legacy. Its is one of the tires that is recommended to be used by the vehicles of the most honored individuals in the world. The tire does not disappoint at all even if one is driving on a rough road. It cruises the land however impassable it is. Its treads are very strong and they never get worn out easily this enables the car to move at ease on a slippery road. It is made of a very strong rubber that doesn't get torn easily. This sees the tire last for longer periods of time. Once you buy it, you might use it as long as you still own a car. It is durability enables one to save his/her money meant for replacement. Its price is affordable and any car owner can afford to buy it. The tire is very reliable and this is evident considering the positive reviews from its users. Travel safely with Kumho Road Venture AT51.
Firestone DESTINATION A/T
- Smooth and comfortable ride that won't be ruined by road noise
- Great traction on wet pavement with good hydroplaning resistance
- They last long and wear evenly
- One of the best in the class for off-road traction
- Not only do they perform great, but they look great too
- Deep snow traction could be improved
- Possible wheelspin when starting in snow
From the smooth roads to the adventurous rough terrain, the Firestone Destination A/T tire offers the ultimate experience for any driver. The tire is versatile in that it can be used in both dry and wet weather conditions. It can also be used in light snow conditions. The computer optimized technology that is employed in making the Firestone Destination A/T tire helps it to absorb as much pressure as possible. The use of strong trend blocks allows the driver a smooth ride as it minimizes the emitted noise. It also enhances car safety as it can handle instant braking. The use of Long Link carbon helps in elongating the life-cycle of the tire as it helps to reduce cracking and tearing of the tire. The use of steel that is high in tensity helps to improve on the durability and strength of the tire. The tires come in various sizes and therefore fit for different models of cars.
285 75 R16 Winter Tires
Firestone WINTERFORCE LT
- Studdable for extra traction in snow
- Class leading cost/performance ratio
- Attractive semi-gloss finish sidewall design
- Wobbly in warm driving conditions
- Minimal lateral traction on ice
- Don't retain gripping quality over their treadlife
Having a safe, comfortable ride during winter can be a headache without proper tires. However, this isn't the case for vehicles fitted with the Firestone Winterforce LT tires. These are specially designed tires for winter performance. Its directional and computer-generated treads patterns enable it to have more road traction and a comfortable ride despite harsh weather conditions. The tires are designed for different types of vehicles and on many wheel sizes from private vans to heavy commercial trucks. The Firestone Winterforce LT tires provide the best solution for a safe and comfortable ride in bad weather.